View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 09:38 AM   #91
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs trade - Breaking news from ESPN 103.3

Quote:
Originally posted by: StrikerV
dirno... your so right... i mean... dan dickau was our future...he couldve been the next steve nash and we gave him up for a aging darrell armstrong? *sigh*
Sure we got him for nothing, but cutting Devin's minutes is shortsighted. He's going to struggle at times. Not only is he adjusting to the league, he's still learning how to play the point. That's generally not something that you learn from the bench. He gives us enough on defensive and in transition to put up with his struggles in the half court offense.

I heard Bob Ortegal talk about how Devin is at the point where he's looking at the bench every time he screws up. You can't play the game like that, but I don't blame him. It would be different if he screwed up, Nellie brought him to the bench, had Avery or Dell coach him and send him back in. When he comes out of a game, he never knows when or if he's going back in.

I was watching the Rockets game last night and Devin didn't play bad in the 1st quarter. Picked up a couple of cheap fouls, but he had three assists and two passes that lead to wide open shots that just weren't converted (one to Quis and one to Dirk). So after playing virtually the whole quarter, he gets about five minutes the rest of the game. That’s mismanaging a rookie point guard.