View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 04:51 PM   #101
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs trade - Breaking news from ESPN 103.3

Quote:
1st of all the main goal of this year's team is to win a championship. Developing Harris as a PG is only a secondary goal and much lower in priority. When the two come in conflict, winning a championship should always take precedent. We can't afford to turn this into a rebuilding year just to help out Harris' career development.
I think one of the disconnects here is that I don’t see this as a championship team until Harris starts playing at a high level. I felt that way coming into the season and I haven’t seen anything to change my mind to this point. Maybe that will change as Finley comes back and the season progresses.

Also, Harris isn’t Shaun Livingston. Like I said, he brings enough to the table to be able to contribute while he grows.

Quote:
2nd of all Harris can develop just fine coming off the bench and getting backup instead of starter minutes.
He’s playing backup minutes now. What I don’t want to see is him playing third string minutes. Nash played third string pg in Phoenix (incidentally, his minutes were pretty close to Devin’s) and it took him a couple of years of regular playing time until he became the player that everyone thought he would. I just think you need on the job training at that position. This kid has all the tools, but like Nellie said, he doesn’t know what Nash knows. Well Nash didn’t learn what he knows on the bench.

I’m ok with his minutes, but he should know when they are coming so he can play instead of looking at the bench a couple every time he turns the ball over or misses a shot.

…and they shouldn’t be reduced in favor of Daryl Armstrong.