View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 02:47 AM   #113
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs trade - Breaking news from ESPN 103.3

Quote:
Provided Armstrong plays well enough to justify keeping Devin on the bench, yeah. The jury's obviously going to be out on that for a bit, though. Still, you wanted to discount the importance of those minutes. I'm just trying to point out that they could in fact be very important. Just how important remains to be seen.
I didn’t discount the importance of those minutes, but obviously it’s not as simple as taking two plus minus’s, shifting the minutes and assuming that those numbers will have an exact effect on victory margin per game. Like I said earlier, Devin brings enough to the table that he’s not going to be a total liability. He’s not some high school kid that’s out of his league.

Quote:
JT and Armstrong as a duo are not of the caliber of KJ and Kidd. Devin's going to get his shots to show his development. I'm sure Nellie still likes the kid. In the meantime, a temporary step back doesn't seem to me to be the kind of thing that's going to ruin his career.
Of course it won’t ruin his career, but his can slow his development and thus the development of the team. I believe that two things have a more direct correlation than you.

Quote:
See KJ. I believe EL recently posted his rookie season stats. Lots of sitting with forgettable stats for most of the season, then an increase in minutes and productivity late. I don't know what Devin's path to success will be, but there are precedents to go around on both sides of this debate.
If we had Mark Price in his prime, I wouldn’t be as concerned about Devin’s development. SA’s situation more closely resembles ours in that they were trying to bridge the gap from an experience pg to a young guy that they had to get up to speed…all while trying to win.

Plus KJ played 20 mpg. Like I said, I’m fine with Devin’s minutes, but if they go down significantly, I have a problem.