View Single Post
Old 08-15-2023, 11:30 AM   #258
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Harden calling Morey a liar and stating he (Harden) will never be part of an organization that he (Morey) is part of - suggests Harden is escalating the situation to make his staying in Philly untenable. It will be interesting to see if it works. Does Morey really want this distraction? Embiid may ask for a trade if this is a lost year due to the conflict. I am thinking that a trade to the Clippers is about 50/50 depending on Morey's next move. Does he engage Harden publicly? Does he just ignore Harden? I see this as a lose/lose situation for Morey.
Exactly.

I still think Harden ends up in LA, but just like with Beal, Philly isn't going to get a good return. Harden's paid a lot. If he's not happy he throws a tantrum and torpedoes the franchise. Acccording to reports, only the Clippers are even interested and are thus only competing with themselves.

Morey can pretend that he's not trading Harden, but that storm cloud is just going to get larger. I doubt Harden refuses to play completely (thus losing his 36mill), but even one unhappy guy in the locker room ruins the entire chemistry.

And after all that distraction, I doubt Morey even ends up with a sweeter deal for Harden. The longer it drags out, the more damage is done to chemistry/standings and the closer Harden is to becoming an UFA. His value goes down rather than up.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote