View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 02:20 PM   #65
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default $400.00 per child Tax-relief Checks are in the Mail- Bush screws the working poor!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
Homosexuals are a minority because they are denied access to critical state-sanctioned benefits, such as marriage.
So black persons and asians can't get married? New one on me.

Quote:
Homosexuals are a minority because they can, in many states (including, of course, Texas) still legally be fired for their sexual orientation. Homosexuals are a minority because they do not enjoy many of the basic rights-- partner hospital visitation, some life insurance and Social Security benefits, partner medical insurance coverage and legal adoption-- guaranteed by our government to its citizens.
Blacks and asians can get fired legally because they are black or asian? Not following you on this one....

Quote:
Obviously, it is the right of every American to sit back and judge for themselves whether they think homosexuality to be "perverse" and "disgusting". Likewise does your friendly neighborhood racist have the right to sit in his or her home thinking blacks, Asians, Latinos, etc. are inferior.
Not the same thing at all. Being a racist, and not agreeing with homosexual practice are not equal tenets. That is like equating me to a racist if I disagree with the shows you watch on television.

Quote:
When the government corroborates this thinking with the above laws, however, I start to have a problem. Especially when both the thought and practice are so obviously rooted in the Bible; Sen. Frist's recent description of marriage as a "sacrament" are especially telling, I think.
Whether you choose to believe this or not, marriage is a sacrament. And you saying or thinking it is not does not make it so. That may sound juvenile, but as a Christian, and anyone who holds Christian values knows that this is a true statement.

Quote:
And I would disagree with you that a "vast majority" of homosexuals will never be physically or verbally assaulted for their sexuality. I've seen it happen with my own eyes, and I've known many gays who have experienced it.
On this I agree with you fully. I do not condone the practice, but I do sympathize with the hatred that is shown to homosexuals.