Thread: The Imus Stuff
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #7
usafreedom3

usafreedom3 has a spectacular aura aboutusafreedom3 has a spectacular aura aboutusafreedom3 has a spectacular aura about

I think you make a good point, but why did the advertisers pull their ads all of a sudden, when in fact Imus has made numerous, numerous offensive comments about almost every race in the past 30 years. Did the holier than thou folks at CBS and MSNBC wake up last week and just realize he was offensive? My main problem is that I believe some of these advertisers backed out because they feared being "shook" down by Sharpton, Jackson and the other blatant "reverse racism" punks. My point is that while free speech does not allow you to say anything (like yell fire in a crowded theater), there are many, many worse things said, sung and rapped every single day, and nobody threatens to take those people off of the air, nor should they.
Also, mark my word- CBS and MSNBC are going to use this issue to run IMUS under the bus, and then will hire a minority to host a show to take IMUS's place, and try to cowtow and show themselves as a network of equality, when if you look at their current lineups, they are lilly white! The double standard is pathetic.

Last edited by usafreedom3; 04-13-2007 at 12:21 PM.
usafreedom3 is offline   Reply With Quote