Thread: The Imus Stuff
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 03:43 AM   #11
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
interesting....

Is don imus a liberal? I honestly don't know -- i've never listened to two minutes of his show.

I understand that the CBS' decision to can Imus occured sometime after the 'nappy headed ho' remark, but the timing was remarkably coincident with the decision of major advertisers to pull ads. If it is the case that CBS canned Imus because they were about to lose some big advertising revenue, is this not a case where the free market has decided?

cheers
No, Don Imus is not a liberal. He's one of those rare individuals that will think an issue out and then arise to an opinion rather than label it "liberal" or "nazi" and spit out a party talking point like everyone else seems to do now a-days. He's a dying breed that actually thinks without hate of the "enemy" party. He'll win in the end because now he can go to satellite radio and do his TV broadcast on cable. These jerk-offs at the demonstrations have accomplished nothing.

The Imus situation is sad, sad, but dude has a point. An employer has the right to fire you. And Imus was fired due to ad dollars being pulled, not anything he said. Imus wasn't fired by the government so anyone crying constitutional BS is yelling at the wall.

Years from now when your grandchild asks "who are the nappy headed hoes?" you can thank Al Sharpton and the media for making them be remembered in that way. None of us would have ever known about it, much less black girls at Rutgers (who aren't in Imus' demographic and weren't listening either) and the statement would have disipated in thin air like radio waves do.

And isn't "nappy headed hoes" something coined by bruthas? Maybe they should quit coming up with that shit if they don't want to hear it.
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote