Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 03:56 PM   #542
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Not offering JB comparable money to the Knicks, feels like Steve Nash and Tyson Chandler all over again. Maybe the details are much different, but if feels the same. The only remaining common factor in all of these transactions (or lack thereof) is Cuban. And that makes me think that this type of thinking and action/inaction will likely continue. I hope not. Losing JB's contribution will hurt, but theoretically he can be replaced. Cuban only willing to pay/overpay superstars and not important secondary players is still a problem. I just don't think you have that luxury in the NBA. It is important to keep the players that are key in a winning season. Not let them walk for nothing.