Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 10:09 AM   #984
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Sexton is average to slightly below average defensively, with perimeter defense seemingly being his weakness. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence, especially when he had Mobley and Allen manning the paint to where he theoretically should have been better outside. I'm not in love with the idea of giving up assets for Sexton.

Plus, the Mavs FO has been quoted as saying they aren't intent on adding to the guard room immediately, which reinforces the idea they know they're getting Dragic and can role with that. Hidden bonus is potentially getting Hardy more run and experience.
I don?t think you can do confidently brush off his defense. Has he had lapses? Absolutely. Has Brunson also had lapses? Yes. Are both guys improving? Yes? Do defensive stats really mean much? Not really. Defensive rating is a measure of five-man squad and coaching. Mavs with Brunson we?re a top 5-10 defense in the league and yet the defensive ratings of the two are near identical.

I?d say defensively (and offensively) Brunson and Sexton are a push at best. Saying Brunson at 6?0? is a clear victor defensively seems ridiculous to me.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote