View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #111
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkbarn
Well I live in a much colder place than most of you and I have to heat my house (which is an old mink barn). That's a tall order the way fuel costs are going.
everyone has excuses when it comes to their own money (think of all the houses the super rich people have to heat!)

Quote:
I think you're missing my intended point on taxation. It's not about taking from one group to give to another, it's a question about what works best for the nation as far as the progressive income tax. Before under the previous percentages the ecomomy was healthy. After tax cuts for the super rich, the economy is limping badly. Let's go back to what worked before. The very rich were rich before; they're rich now; they'll stay rich afterwards.
My memory is fuzzy (and hopefully that knowledgable person comes along to correct me when they come along to correct flaco), but I think the economy started limping along before the tax cuts went in.

Quote:
Senator Obama's budget does grow the deficit, but not nearly as much as Senator McCain's.
Promises, promises - I think McCain has promised to balance the budget in fewer years than Obama has promised. And if you really missed the old conservatives, then Obama and a democratic congress should really, really scare you. If you really missed the old conservatives, you'd be arguing for any of the more conservative candidates that were out there.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote