View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #81
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreditXpert2003
Once again you twist my words. I replied to that guy that said that Dumas has a say. My response is that Dumars DONT, because Billups can opt out and go anywhere he pleases. So my statement stands. You can flip it all you want, but my statement is clear. Billups decides what HE wants to do. Now, if Billups DECIDE to be a part of a trade, then Billups still decides what he will do, because he can always just go to free agency by his decision.
If Chauncey Billups opted out of his contract this offseason, and Mark Cuban wanted to pay Billups 10 million per year to play for the Mavs (or anything over the MLE), Billups would have to get the Pistons to accommodate him with a sign and trade in order to make that happen.

Dumars could say NO, and there wouldn't be anything Billups, Cuban or YOU could do about it.

As it relates to ANY possibility of Billups ending up in a Mavs uniform, Dumars would HAVE to go along with it.

But sure, if Billups wanted to opt out and either sign for the MLE, or for team that actually HAD cap room, that would be his decision.

Not that it has any relevance to this thread, so I'm not even sure why you brought it up.

Billups will not accept the MLE, and the Mavs do not have any cap space.

What other completely irrelevant point would you like to discuss today?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-16-2007 at 06:09 PM.