View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #84
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
yes, and I believe this was the pertinent point -- the GOP is not the party of "less government, of less taxation, home of the corp of folks who want an "original intent" vision on the constitution." hence....
surely you are not saying that there is an abscence of this thought from the entire republican party?

there is a wing who does share those same core values, hence

Quote:
Certainly, which is why a) it's quite unreasonable to say that Paul represents the *purest form* of the party's ideology; and b) it's quite unsurprising that Republicans, by and large, hate Ron Paul -- even those few Republican's who occasionally use his rhetoric are routinely shown to be crass hypocrites.

Which is why I think it's not out of the question that Paul may have *some* (ie, 2%) support come a year from November. There are still more than a few Goldwater style conservatives out there, and they have no political home.

Cheers
it's a bit ignorant for one to take the position that libertarian philosophy isn't a part of the history of the gop. from isolationism to taxation, to individual rights legislation which began with the end of slavery, the gop has a kinship with libertarianism.

wasn't the name "republican" borrowed from sidney?

yes, I believe it was...

what I can agree with you on is the republican establishment hates ron paul.

those conservatives you mention that are "out there" do have a home, it's gingrich or thompson.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote