View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 07:57 AM   #86
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
Md - you've variously argued that Ron Paul "reflects the purest form of the party's ideology" and that "the gop of today is not the party of goldwater, and surely not the party of libertarians either." I believe these two statements are in conflict and I don't care to guess which is actually your position.

Regardless of what the Republican party may have believed in the past, what it believes today is all that is relevant. Republican is as Republican does.
I'll let ron paul tell you:

Dr. Paul said his detractors tend to be people who "like big government a lot more than I do. ... If they attack me, they're attacking the Constitution. If they attack my foreign policy, they're attacking the advice of the founding fathers and the traditions of the Republican Party."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...l.380a1c8.html

do you believe that the republican party, especially since reagan, has followed its traditional ideology? or has it become accepting of the democrat domestic and foreign policies?

from your comments clearly you say they haven't adhered to the "traditions" as ron paul calls them.

so there's no "conflict" in my statements.

Quote:
....and, neither Gingrich or Thompson have thrown their hat into the ring. If they do I'll revise my estimate for Paul.
oh, they're running. otherwise they wouln't have their names in the news every other day.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote