View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #87
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
Dr. Paul said his detractors tend to be people who "like big government a lot more than I do. ... If they attack me, they're attacking the Constitution. If they attack my foreign policy, they're attacking the advice of the founding fathers and the traditions of the Republican Party."
my mistake, Md....I thought this discussion was all related to "paul registers only 1% of the republicans, what makes anyone believe that he can get even to 1% of the overall voters??" If Paul's current Republican supporters include founding fathers and Taft era Republicans, then I'm not so sure he will poll better with the public at large.

Quote:
do you believe that the republican party, especially since reagan, has followed its traditional ideology?
no

Quote:
or has it become accepting of the democrat domestic and foreign policies?
Their foreign policy is closer to the quintessentially liberal Wilson and FDR than anything else. Their domestic policy is warmed up LBJ Great Society with a more religious sales pitch.