View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #111
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
...I think he's quite naive to think that without an aggressive US presence the sea lanes would be open, we'd have nearly the bountiful econimies all around the world.

I understand his thoughts on the matter and in general I want to be an isolationist where needed.

But anyone saying we should have let sadaam keep kuwait is irresponsible imo.
On isolationism...there's no more isolationist of a country than Switzerland (it stayed out of WWI and WWII), and there's no country on earth that is more free or has a higher quality of life. IOW, there's nothing at all naive about an non-interventionist policy.

In Regards to Dr. Paul's One Commitment, that commitment is to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution." That is the President's job description per the Constitution, that is the Oath the President will swear upon taking office, and any candidate who doesn't make this Oath the centerpiece of his campaign promises is not fit to President of a government subject to the Rule of Law, IMHO.