View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #50
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I wonder how much Devin is going to help our overall defense? He's fallen off a bit with age, but he's still a pretty good defender... Possibly the best guard we have on that end of the floor, but that remains to be seen. If he can recover quickly from surgery and play at the same level that he has for the last few years, then he might be able to mitigate some of our defensive deficiencies. If nothing else, he can still score.

And Wright tends to give up an uncomfortable amount of offensive rebounds to our opponents, but he's bulked up a bit, so hopefully that doesn't happen so much this season... Plus, he tends to make up for it in blocks and steals, so he at least holds his own enough on defense to take advantage of his upside on offense.

This team is only going to get better when they're healthy...
I think Devin will help quite a bit once he's healthy. He's a significant step up from Mekel at backup point guard, he'll be able to play a bit of a Monta-light role as a basket-attacking guard off the bench (otherwise missing from the roster), and I actually think he and Ellington will make for a pretty solid two-way backcourt bench duo.

Blair (particularly in the second half) and Daly seem to have both played reasonably well last night, so to be fair, I don't know that Dallas missed Brandan all that much in that game. That said, he's arguably the team's second best "big" after Dirk, he's the only proven rotation-caliber shot-blocker on the team after Daly, and he has a history of fitting well on court with the team's two best players (Dirk and Monta), so I'm pretty confident he'll make a significant impact when he's back.