View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 02:39 AM   #17
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Just watched the DVR of the game...I thought they looked good. Just the kind of response you want to see from that opener. Was pretty impressed by Niskanen...I really don't want to see him sent down. Why the F would we keep Nolan Baumgartner over him? Niskanen looks completely, 100% NHL ready. He didn't look out of his element at all. At some point, you gotta let these kids play. We talk about the forwards all the time, but just remember, Zubov is 37 & Boucher is 34...our best D ain't getting any younger either. We really really need Grossman & Niskanen to work out.

PS another general note...I'm watching the Bruins broadcast & they're interviewing Marc Savard & Claude Julien & a couple other guys & they really don't seem all that sad/angry about this loss. As their broadcasters described it, they'll "take a lot of positives out of this game" & "will be in a pretty good mood going into Phoenix tomorrow." ...Seriously? Should you really be that ok w/a 4-1 loss? I don't agree w/a lot of what's happening w/the Stars organization lately, but I will say this about them: you would never see that kind of attitude come out of anyone associated w/the Stars. That's one thing I like about them...losing is never okay. Anyway...looks like it's gonna be a long year for Boston. Luckily, w/KG & Ray Allen here, nobody cares about the Bruins anyway.

EDIT: One last PS: Just had to laugh at Marc Savard using the B's travel issues as an excuse. Let's be real, Marc. Maybe you shouldn't be complaining about travel when you're playing DALLAS, who has probably the worst travel in the whole league. How about your stupid division signs off on a new schedule where the conferences are actually forced to travel to play each other more than 5 games a year & THEN you can complain about having to travel. Shut up, Eastern Conference.

Think I should be getting the Trashville game tommorrow via the free Center Ice preview. I still hate them. Let's get this road thing going.

Last edited by ames7; 10-06-2007 at 03:01 AM.
ames7 is offline   Reply With Quote