View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #20
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilMavvento
And I think the idea behind Baumgartner as it relates to Niskanen is that if everyone's healthy.... either Grossman or Niskanen are probably going to be sitting when they could be gaining experience in the AHL. Baumgartner isn't going to get any better. But if Niskanen keeps this up he could force a trade of say, Robidas, and earn a permanent spot in the top 6.
Yeah, and I know that is also the thinking behind keeping Connor down, but from the limited bit I've seen from Niskanen, I'm pretty convinced he's ready to contribute as one of the top 6 D. No one is going to take Robi's contract...but if Niskanen can keep it up, I think it might open the door to trading Daley or even Boucher down the road for offensive help. I'm pretty interested in seeing how Grossman looks when he comes back.

Oh God. I've got the Nashville broadcast tonight on Center Ice. Of all our D men, they chose to highlight Trevor Daley "who loves to beat you one on one." ...This is going to be painful.