View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 11:05 AM   #203
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Seems like kidd wasn't the only guy with an issue regarding Wood

Nico seemed to be onboard doing the exit interview

Nico didn't sound like he was a fine of Wood's style of play

Which begs the question if they had doubts about his overall game Why the hell did they waist a 1st round pick obtaining him.

Dude had all the same red flags before the trade and you still pulled the trigger
I would tend to agree with you, kind of hard to justify giving up a 1st rounder if that's what they thought of his game. Then I read this reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
So Nico's direct criticism was that Wood was an efficient scorer but there is more to the NBA than that.

Uhh, actually being an efficient scorer exactly what you should be in today's league.

All Nico had to do was say that we needed more defense from the position. But our FO constantly says and does stupid things.

Meanwhile, Bullock takes half the season off and not a peep.

At least Nico said DFS didn't help our defense, so there is that.
Makes me think they really thought they could change Wood or at least make big strides on the defensive part of his game. That was certainly the indication early on but it quickly became apparent he was simply not that type of player.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote