View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #31
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Great win for the Mavs!

Dirk and JET were both great. They were both very efficient and carried the team at the early part of the game.

Kidd had an average game. He didn't take a lot of shots, but considering how the other players were shooting well, he really didn't have to. He got his usual assists and rebounds and directed the flow well.

Damp played well in the minutes that he got. He was 2 points shy of a double double and really dominated in the post. Its good to see him come back strong after being away due to injury.

Wright had a great first half. He shot very well and he didn't force too many plays. He even scored with his left hand on a layup. His defense was again good.

JJB was a much needed spark at the end of the 3rd quarter. He really carried that team in the closing minutes of the 3rd. My only fear every time he shoots well or every time he has a good game is that he tends to force shots or make terrible decisions. Tonight, he didn't do those. He really played well tonight, particularly in the 2nd half. He also tends to over dribble and pass it with time running out occasionally. But then again, he's young. I hope he continues to learn and improve. He has to create a balance between scoring and passing to the other players around him.

It was nice to see Green get decent playing time. No doubt about it, he can score. It was particularly refreshing to see him make a good decision (when he passed the ball to Bass) on the court. That kind of play hopefully will earn him more playing time.

I was hoping for more playing time for Hollins, considering he has been playing well the past few games. This game was probably one game where his athleticism would have been really highlighted. I'm wondering why Carlisle chose to put him in only in the last 4 minutes of the game.

The turnovers in the first half were extremely annoying. I think the Mavs had 10 at the half. The lead would have been a lot bigger if only they took better care of the ball. I'm glad they were more careful with the ball in the 2nd half and finished with a total of 14.

Offense was great tonight. It pretty much came from everybody. Defense was okay, but it could have been better.

Overall, a great win. The starters/main players played limited minutes. Hopefully they will be ready for Denver on Friday.

Go Mavs!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote