View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 02:15 PM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Any word on Nash?

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
The Mavs should just use Delk and Daniels (and Best if those guys foul out) at the point until he can get back.
You must be really down on Best to suggest that Daniels should play before him. Granted he hasn't looked good this year, but I read a post on LMF this summer that broke down his #'s when he started as opposed to when he came off of the bench last year. Don't remember the exact #'s but basically he was a much better player in every category when he started, even if you adjust for the difference in minutes. I'd have a hard time trusting Daniels with this offense right now, and Delk is just a 2 in a 1's body. If Steve is out long term IMO Best should start at the pg.
I am down on Best, because he has no confidence in his shot and he just doesn't bring that much to the table at this point.

Daniels is an inexperienced rookie, but he's silky smooth with the dribble and he can get his own shot whenever he wants it. Also, he's a long, rangy defender who's much more athletic (and taller) than Best. He would be much more effective in the passing lanes and in preventing penetration than Best is in the zone.

Delk is a 2 in a 1's body, but he can handle, shoot, defend, and rebound better than Best. I'd prefer to have him out there because I think he also brings more to the table.

Best may have to be used if Steve is out for a few weeks; however, once Steve gets back, I think Best should be phased out altogether, and traded to another team in a package to make this roster better, if at all possible.