View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 10:33 PM   #17
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Any word on Nash?

Quote:
He better play because we are doomed without him.
He had 7 assists. For me the more assists the better PG. Walker had the same number. Nelson said and also Nash that the work was to stop Frances and Mobley, and that it was well done, which I agree with.

However, I would like to watch either Best or Delk to be the starting PG for some games. With that many players able to score what we need, imo, it's a PG that assists more and passes less.

Maybe Nash is very used to pass, mostly near to the 3pts line because it's the way the Mavs have succeed taking advantage of the abilities of Dirk. But it has to change, because Jamison and Walker are always wanting to attack the basket, and Nash doesn't keep the ball closer to the basket as much as it is needed now.

I don't know if Best or Delk are capable to pass better to the last man -which make it an assist- but I would like to know it. Nothing to do with a possible desire to see Nash injured, all the more, I would like to watch Nash changing his usual style of passing many times without any advantage far from the basket.