View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 04:31 PM   #107
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'd rather tank than pay f'in Evan Turner 18.75 million a season!! Now THAT is preposterous. And I'm one who doesn't hate Turner around here.

That probably means Jeff Green is 15 mil a season easy. Wouldn't mind the Mavs getting him, but nope.

Just tank. Please. The FO can save face saying it's time and letting Dirk move on.
I think the Mavs have only $31M committed (not including Dirk). I believe the salary floor is $80M. So, they might have somewhere in the neighborhood of $50M to spend to get to the minimum. Is that possible? I guess you can give Dirk $30M and DWill $10M, and then use the rest on scraps??? Or, you can try to put together a couple of $12-$15M contracts and give Dirk + DWill less, and move closer to the salary cap.

Edit: Salary floor is 90% of the salary cap. So, if the cap is set at $94M, then the floor is $84.6M. The penalties are not dramatic, in fact what happens is the team takes the difference between team salary and the floor and then distributes that amount evenly among the players.

Last edited by purplefrog; 07-01-2016 at 04:39 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote