Thread: Verizon FiOS
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #65
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

For what it's worth...if you are planning to buy an HDTV...for any reason, there is a GREAT time to find deals.

Our house has two HDTV's, one 58" Plasma 720P and one 42" Plasma 720P

Both were great deals that we purchased in August 2007 and November 2007. We spent months and months looking scouting and shopping prices. We jumped on our 58" and we saved huge cash at the time by going with the 720 over the 1080.

I understand the technical difference, but the jump from analog to the 720 was so huge that the 1080 was not worth the higher jump. Not to mention, we are still limited by the broadcasting as it stands.

Now on the 42"...we picked it up on "Black Friday"...you know the big shopping day after Thanksgiving.

Both Plasma's are Panasonic, and my in-law has a Vizio LCD 1080P...we have all enjoyed the 720 more than the Vizio. Be careful and make sure you invest in a quality brand. The Vizio has already had to be repaired at less than a year old...fortunately, we helped our in-law buy it through Costco and they have a great warranty plan that that took care of an in-house repair at NO COST to us.

Anyway, we picked up the 42" for $799 and it has been an awesome entertainment tool in our house.

So if you are thinking about picking up a TV...Black Friday is just around the corner, surf the internet for shopping deals, heck team up with someone and go to a few different stores early early early on Black Friday.

Last year, was the first year we ever shopped on Black Friday, heck I didn't know what it was...I always thought it was a crowded busy shopping day and that I wouldn't be caught dead on the road, let alone in a store....but dang we had a blast last year.

To beat it all, we were done shopping in time to go to breakfast.

Some stores open at 5:00 AM...you gotta do some prep work, hunting the Internet...but when you do and you find that deal, it can be well worth it. In many cases you can save well over 50%...but the trick in retail, is that they advertise these deals, but they have a limited quantity...sometimes only having ONE available.

It's set up to get people to come to their store.

Plan ahead, have fun shopping and enjoy the great new purchase thanks to the recent gas price stimulus!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote