View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #3663
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
The health question with Redd is a fair one, and I've raised it myself (probably somewhere back on page 64 of this thread or something). Before you pull a trade like that you've obviously got to be comfortable with how he's recovering from his knee injury.

I didn't write the proposal from the prospective of a JET hater, either. I love the guy and regularly stand up for him on this forum, but I'm also aware of his limitations (size and lateral movement on defense), and the fact that, when healthy, Redd's a better option as a #2 scorer.
Sorry, I didn't mean to brand you as such, I just had the overall impression that here are many of these trade proposals which I described above, yours being the newest one.
Quote:
As for Sessions, he may not be gettable, but if he were I'd have no trouble pairing him up with Kidd. I'd think they'd be capable of playing on the court at the same time, taking advantage of the fact that both have good size, and that their offensive games (outside of their passing) aren't very redundant (Sessions makes his living in the lane and at the free throw line, Kidd mostly on the perimeter and a little in the post). I don't think you'd be making any significant sacrifices by getting them both at least 30 mpg next season, and as time goes on and Kidd transitions to a bench role it'll be important to have somebody who can take over for him. Sessions would give you that guy.

I agree about the standard for giving up Damp. Stack's got to go, so you just have to do the best you can with him, but Damp's value is not declining right now, and you have to be selective there. He and Josh, actually, are the two chips that the team can't afford to cash in except in an over-the-top move, both because of their contract statuses (stati?), and because of their abilities to contribute on the court
Ok, if you can envision him as a guy playing a good chunk of minutes on the 2 spot and somehow your medical personnel could assure you Redd is coming without serious health-issues, certainly you should consider that trade.
We would have filled the hole on the 2-guard position with a whole new rotation and improved our backup PG. As much as I love The Jet and JJ (and the Stack-Chip*), that would be a serious upgrade.

See how easy to impress I am? At the end of the day I like almost every of you guys ideas.

*edit: not to be mistaken - meaning for trading purpose!

Last edited by mavErika; 07-04-2009 at 03:13 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote