View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 09:31 PM   #11
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I liked KP and would frequently defend him, but the injury concerns are real. In his first season with the Mavs that he actually played he missed 25 games and he played 3 playoff games before going out with an injury. The next season he played 43 games, and Carlisle did his best to make sure he would play in the playoffs. The problem was that he missed so much time that he wasn't conditioned to play. This season he's already missed 21 games.

I feel like he is in phenomenal shape, but he is going to continue to miss crucial games for his short lived career. I do not expect it to be a long one, which is a shame since when he plays well he is so much fun to watch.

Another problem I see with KP is chemistry. Maybe I am wrong here, but I think the other players have to adjust their games to help KP. At the very least I think Dinwiddie will be an instant fit for the Mavs. I don't know as much about Davis Bertrans though. I have my concerns with him. We gave up a lot to get KP, and we clearly have admitted to that trade being a major bust for the Mavs. Now, if the Spurs waive Goran Dragic, then I wonder who the Mavs have to move to clear a spot for him. Also I wonder if they already had to clear a spot to make this trade work. Did we have 2 two-way players? I thought we only had 1, Theo Pinson. If that is true, do we have an injury exception or any kind of exception due to THJ being out?