View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 01:46 AM   #14
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Similar views to others here. Don't think this currently makes the Mavs better, and likely hurts them this year. Might be better if Bertrans gets out of his shooting slump. Dinwiddie I don't think is going to chance much this year (happy to be proven wrong!)--strikes me as injury issues. Might be similar to what Ezekiel Elliott had--not enough to keep him from playing, but definitely bad enough it was highly noticeable how it impacted him. If still here next year, maybe he's more recovered from his ACL. Even if he becomes totally healthy, strikes me as a lesser Jalon Brunson, at more money than Mavs were likely to be will to spend to sign him. Could be a better defender.

Seems like what we really did was trade 1 bad contract on an injured player for another. I guess the plus in that is that the contract we got back is a lot smaller, and hence potentially easier to deal. Bertrans could become a good player (have to think a change in scenery might help with his shooting yips), but still a bad contract---that's too much to pay for someone who is basically there to shoot threes.

Which makes me wonder if maybe doctors are telling Mavs FO that KP's injury issues are not only going to continue, but likely get worse, and they just decided needed to dump him for whatever they could get back. If that's the case, need to factor in what might have been the case if they didn't trade him.

Time will tell, on all these things. The one positive is that the Mavs were playing well without him (although perhaps not coincidental that they lost to two of the leagues worst teams right after he went out). So, maybe not really a downside, either.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote