View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 02:46 PM   #37
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
This trade was atrocious. The Mavs are beyond broken with Cuban running things, and I'm pretty sure the Mavs want to resign Brunson. Imagine if they figure out how to keep Brunson with $20m/yr.

Mavs will have THJ with his contract, Bertans and his contract, Dinwiddie and his contract, then add Brunson at $20+/season (great player in a 6'5" and under league). SMH

This team is done for several years. Stick a fork in them, and say bye bye to Luka. He's as good as gone. Wow,
what a $hitshow.
Good to see you still around

While I do agree with you that the trade was awful. I still believe the Mavs have a chance to win at least one playoff series. I think losing KP hurts the interior defense, and it will catch up to them most likely in the playoffs when teams go at Powell.

I think most outlets I came across believe the trade was mainly done to get out of KP's contract and him not being available half the season didn't help. I thought Kidd did a great job using him and KP was moving much better but when you can't play you can't help your team.

I guess this sum it up best about the trade

Teams that got better at the trade deadline

4. Washington Wizards
The Mavericks and Wizards agreed to the most surprising deal of the deadline when they swapped Kristaps Porzingis for Spencer Dinwiddie and Davis Bertans. The motivation from Dallas’ side was clear: they didn’t think Porzingis was good enough to be Luka Doncic’s main co-star, and by moving him now they open up more opportunities in the future. We’ll see how Dallas comes out of this, but in the present the deal is a big win for Washington.

Taking a flier on Porzingis is exactly what a team in Washington’s position should do. KP is a 26-year-old with All-Star upside who has improved his defense this year. His threes aren’t falling, but he has a track record as a shooter. The biggest issue with Porzingis is his injury history, but the Wizards gave up very little of substance to get him. If Washington can get Porzingis to be the best version of himself over the next two seasons, this trade will look like highway robbery.

Teams whose jobs got more difficult after the trade deadline

5. Dallas Mavericks
The Mavs’ decision to trade Porzingis is all about finding a better co-star to pair with Luka Doncic for the future. The question is what becomes of the rest of this season. Dallas is currently No. 5 in the West, and Porzingis’ improved play from last year’s playoffs was a major reason for that. There’s an argument that losing KP will be addition by subtraction for Dallas this season, but I’m not sure I’m buying it. Unless Dinwiddie and Bertans immediately provide way more than they did in Washington this year, it seems like the Mavs are taking a step back to take a step forward in the future.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote