View Single Post
Old 04-14-2023, 08:48 AM   #232
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Luka is better when he's fully engaged

But I will say in late game situations I like the mentality of SGA and D.Fox much better than Luka

Those two dudes don't settle for as many 3's as Luka does latein Games

They always looking to attack the rim 1st keeping pressure on the defense

Luka imo tends to let the defense off the hook so often with step back 3's late I. Games

There were plenty of games and situations this year where I felt Luka could have gotten and taken smarter shots but way too often he would be too quick to just launch a 3

For the life of me I'm not sure why the mavs haven't primarily used Luka out of the post more to close out games. Dude is bigger and stringer than most defenders that he should be dominating late in Games inside especially with kyrie here.

It would stop the mavs from having wasted possessions down the stretch because they wouldn't be jacking up so many bad 3's in the 4th qtr if they played inside out with Luka as the post man
There is a little Recency bias based on the 2nd half of this year. Before this year Luka was perceived league wide as a clutch shot killer. On the glass half full side there is the thought the Mavs will be better next year with just a reversion to the mean in clutch time.

Definition
Recency bias is the tendency to overemphasize the importance of recent experiences or the latest information we possess when estimating future events. Recency bias often misleads us to believe that recent events can give us an indication of how the future will unfold.

Last edited by Zeus; 04-14-2023 at 09:06 AM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote