View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 11:02 PM   #81
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
If I recall in similiar situation vs the Spurs in the WCF's back in 04 I think Cuban said NO

He wouldn't let Dirk play in the rest of that series do to a knee sprain. He said at that time they wouldn't risk further injury because he had long career ahead of him.
It was in 03, and it was Nellie who refused to play Dirk, and Cuban was furious because the doctors had cleared Dirk to play. Their relationship wasn't great to start with, but from that point on it was toxic, and they never recovered from it.

For the record, I am 100% on Cuban's side in that debate. For all intents and purposes, that series was the Finals. If we win that series, we win the title. Nellie's not a f**king doctor and has no business overruling medical professionals, especially when there's an NBA championship on the line. Why the hell even have team doctors if you're just going to ignore them?

I've never lost too much sleep over that one because even if Dirk plays, I think the Spurs still probably win that series, but it still makes me mad whenever I occasionally think back on it.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote