View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #61
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
If memory serves me correctly, I believe there was a season in there in which the Lakers were the only team in the West with more than 50 wins. I also think there might have been another season or two in which two teams topped 50.

The West was not loaded by any stretch for a large portion of the Lakers run. Just think back to the Mavs run back in 06...The Lakers didn't face anything like that with their runs to The Finals.
No doubt the West was definitely weak in the 80's. The finals, OTOH, were definitely competitive has hell.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote