View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #137
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
New York is about its market and history, however, there isn't really anything to build on.
You know, everyone talks about New York's "market" when it comes to LeBron, but I just don't buy it.

See, there's this little thing called mass communication (interwebs and idiot boxes) that allows everyone on the planet to experience what's going on in New York City at any given time.

LeBron already has one of the highest-selling jerseys world-wide (a market of 6.6 billion people), so I don't really see how he makes a significant amount more money in NYC (a market of 8.6 million).

Now if you're talking about a guy of Gerald Wallace's caliber moving from Charlotte to New York, then yeah, I think the market plays significantly into his decision. But not LeBron Inc. - everyone is as familiar with that product as they are with Coca-Cola. He's not going to win over enough new customers in a larger market to justify sacrificing a surefire chance at winning a ring with players like Dirk or Wade in Dallas or Miami.

Knicks fans can stop holding their breath. No matter what the East Coast-biased sports writers are conjuring up, I'd say New York has a lower chance of signing him than the Cavs (which is starting to look rather doubtful at this point...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote