View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 12:58 PM   #25
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You can't preach the narrative of the American Dream and then accuse people of wrongdoing when they rob you at gunpoint so they can get ahead... Oh, wait, yes you can.

I usually agree with Lowe, but not in this case -- just because the bar is set high doesn't mean you can't call people out who cheat their way to the top. This is exactly the kind of millennial-pandering mentality I was talking about. If it's too hard, then work harder. Quit acting like a bitch.
Yeah I disagree with Lowe on this as well. The argument of rings isn't as simple as "does he have a ring y/n?" The journey to get the ring is ultimately what a legacy is made of.

If we all started a golf tournament today and we all lined up for the first hole, a 240yd par-3, and then UD came along and dropped his ball at the ladies/red section and was essentially hitting from 180-200yd's... if he gets it in 3 does it mean the same as ours? No, when we all get in the clubhouse later we will mark his par-3 with a qualifier that he was hitting from a much shorter distance than the rest of us and buy him a drink with an umbrella in it.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote