Thread: Batman Begins
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 11:31 AM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Batman Begins

I thought the movie was absolutely incredible and Im not usually an action movie buff.

I dont like Katie Holmes and the new Batman can't deliver the one liners as well as Kilmer, but as Sike said the direction and writing was top notch, and I thought the art direction and editing was very well done. I left the theater breathing hard and hyped up on adrenaline.

It just didnt seem like "oh here comes another super hero genre flick" or "oh here is another Batman movie". It stood on its own (the allusions to the comics were just bonuses) as a good movie, the villains seemed less cartoony and more real, and the whole issue of the super heroes motive was done exceptionally well-- it was always as complex and there was never a clear answer. Definitely an amazing breath of life into the Batman franchise.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote