View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 01:20 AM   #3
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:General Draft Talk

Bayliss, thanks for starting this thread. I'm a sucker for drafts, fantasy, real life, whatever. Anyway, I am hoping the Mavs get at least a pick, whether it be in the first or second, I don't care. I am from the idea that a team can never have enough youth and potential, because the plataeu will then never be reached and then no decline can happen. I love the reloading we did the last two years and I would like to add one more, project or not.

Ok, here's my breakdown on guys I like in each round: (now some of these guys aren't what we need, but just like what they can be on the team given time)

1st Round:
obviously most of the top 10 guys would be great
Joey Grahm - physical and only going to get better
Ike Diogu - power player with Brand written all over him
Roko Ukic - fast player, very creative, could be a bigtime player in three years
Francisco Garcia - one of my favorites in the entire draft, I think this kid is really special
CJ Miles - hey, Skyline High, Dallas boy, be a good project for the 2 guard spot and dropping like a rock
Marty Andy - I think he has a promise high that no one is talking about, cause he was going top 10 last year. He's a project, but he's got really special talent.
Julius Hodge - Josh Howard clone and could be just as productive draft pick late in the first.

2nd Round:
Monta Ellis and Louis Williams - Both are like Iverson, but are major projects. I like them for a cheap second.
Salim Stoudimire - can shoot lights out and should have a good backup PG career in the NBA.
Nate Robinson - a guy 5'7 with a 40 plus vertical, need I say more
Travis Diener - work hard, blue collar guy that will make and stay on a team
Brandan Bass - very productive in college, best days are in front of him, kinda short, but can get it done in the paint, very phsyical.

BTW, here is a good place to check out the draft for free. They were very close to the final draft in last year's mock. One of my favs.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote