View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #1851
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well friends....that as they say, is that.

2-9 in March.

And then 18 playoffs games. Not too shabby. 10 wins, 3 handshakes on home ice. 2 of them good.

No lehtinen, Boucher, or Barnes. In the coming days you might learn the full extent of Morrows injury....I suspect Norstrum is nursing something we may find out about. Perhaps Zubov, and others.

I don't know...it was fun. It's a good step. Good for guys like Grossman and Niskanen and Fistric. Teams need to have these runs to learn, and hopefully they can break through some time in the next 2 to 3 years.

This current concoction that Detroit has out there has had some deep runs in the last few years, but this is the first Datsyuk/Zetterberg led team to get to the Finals. We hope the Stars will do the same...some 2nd and 3rd round appearances. I guess the bar has officially been raised.

But what happens next season? As many positves as you have going forward (Ribs/ Morrow/ Richards/ Turco/ Young d-men) you also have huge questions marks (Modano, Zubov, Boucher, Lehtinen, Stu Barnes ) so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Zubov looked like a shell of himself in this series. His legs can't keep up with his brain right now. Personally I'd like to chain him to his bed this off-season and tell him to get some damn rest. I hope he can contribute next year.

Several "Will Mike Modano retire" stories will be written in the coming days, and ultimately I think he'll play one more year.

Stu Barnes...I'd love to have him back, but he may decide that's all for him. I hope they can sign him to the front office in some capacity if that's the case.

Like I said, 2-9 in March, this was unlooked for and unexpected. This team knows now what it can do. Should the two headed Hull/Jackson monster keep its job, they have a busy and pleasantly shorter off-season to get to.

I am pleased, and as windy said, appreciative.