View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #36
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:A True Leader Unlike Our Current President

Anyway, Clinton was an average President. History will judge him as such.

He had literally no foreign policy accomplishments.

He had a good economy. However, the economy was turning south before he left office. Further, it isn't as if he helped engineer a fundamental restructuring of our nation's economy during his term or that "his" economy had any lasting effects. In contrast, look at the Reagan presidency where he slashed the tax rates and curbed inflation; if the tax rates and interest rates returned to pre-Reagan levels, there would be rioting in the streets. Other examples would be FDR, Kennedy to a degree, Coolidge, TR. Finally, I would give Clinton more credit for his economy if I could pinpoint a real decision that he made that actually led to the robust economy he had.

His abysmal first two years, led to his party getting swept out of the state houses and both houses of Congress. The man actually went on television to defend his own relevancy. While some give him credit for forestalling republican policies that some would view as harmful, the truth is he was responsible for putting those republicans in a position of power.

I think I have ranted in the past that neither Clinton nor the congress deserved credit for balancing the budget, so I will spare everyone unless someone asks me to explain it.

His saving grace is welfare reform. And even that didn't occur till very late in the game.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote