View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:16 AM   #460
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's preseason, but holy f*ck the Cowboys were terrible in every conceivable way against Houston. And I'm not buying the "vanilla" excuse anymore. "Vanilla" seems to mean the most basic, elementary football plays, and the Cowboys haven't even been able to do that. The preseason is supposed to get you ready for the regular season, and they just don't look ready AT ALL. It may not matter whether or not your team wins a preseason game, but the fact that the team hasn't even been able to execute the basics does worry me a lot considering these guys are supposed to be Super Bowl contenders.

I really think this nonchalant attitude the Cowboys have had about executing in the preseason is biting them in the ass, and it's a perfect example of why I still don't trust the Jerry/Wade/Garret braintrust to get this team back to greatness. Hopefully the Houston game was a major wakeup call to the players and the coaches that it's time to get their sh*t together. The Houston game was such a disaster that the starters are apparently going to play against Miami on Thursday. That's not a good thing. If they come out and put a couple of touchdown drives together, I'll feel much better. But if they come out and look like sh*t again, I honestly don't know what to expect from this season.

Oh btw, Marion Barber SUCKS! In my book, he has officially replaced Roy Williams as the most disappointing and overpaid player on the team. Felix and Tashard definitely need to get the majority of the carries this season. (Granted, Felix hasn't looked much better in the preason, but I just think Barber is close to finished.)

Edit: If there were any positives about the Houston game, I have to say Roy actually looked pretty decent out there. Then again, maybe he only looked good because everyone else on the team looked so pathetic.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 08-30-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote