View Single Post
Old 01-04-2003, 07:44 PM   #63
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<<

<< I, therefore, think Nelson loses in the playoffs because someone else has the better team. When Nelson gets the best talent, or even talent, his team should win. There ARE coaches that seem to have his number, as far as head to head matches go among seemingly even team. Popovich in San Antonio is one. Whether it's familiarity or not, I don't know. I think the talent between SA and the Mavs is fairly even. Duncan being the matchup problem but it looks like Dirk ought to be a problem for THEM too. >>

So if the Mavs truly do have the 2nd best talent, then they should make it to the WCF's.... correct David?

Anything less than making the WCF's this year is a failure.

And David, would you hold Nellie accoutable if they fail to reach the WCF's?
>>

NO... Not competing for the WCF would be a failure. For example if for some reason we met sac in the second series and didn't compete right down to the wire with them, that would be a failure. If we did compete right down to the wire with them and lost, that wouldn't be.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote