View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 08:35 AM   #1731
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

If you look at the outgoing players in the Johnson deal, it seems like the Mavs could have legally worked a sign and trade for Crowder (or Gallo, or anyone else) for a starting salary of up to $19.5 million.

If Crowder is telling the truth, and we have no reason to believe he'd lie, then my guess is that because he had no desire to re-sign in Miami for one year, Miami was probably pretty keen on getting Johsnon back to replace him. This concept was probably an extension of the Wright/Jackson/Ariza/Johnson deal, only with Johnson ending up in Miami, and Crowder signing in Dallas.

It could've been a one year offer at the $19.5 million number above, or maybe a 2+1 starting in the $15 million range...who knows. This also helps us understand the links between the Mavs and Gallo (OKC) and Wood (DET). Those were teams involved in the deal, too.

Personally, I like the way it turned out better, I think.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 12-02-2020 at 08:39 AM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote