Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 05:33 PM   #380
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yeah I don't think the Mavs are that desperate. I can see the Lakers looking at him but for this Mavs team I honestly don't see the perks of Dragic. He looked washed to me with the Nets....granted, a lot of guys did for them but I still would take him as a last resort type move. The first signing for this team should not be a player of Dragic's caliber.
I'm not sure where you're getting that he looked washed with the Nets. He averaged nearly 5 assists a game. That is not washed. And if he can get back to 2021 level or close to it- in which he was most definitely not washed- then I can see him being a valuable part of the rotation.

You don't see the perks? He's a ball handler/playmaker, and the Mavs need one very badly. Having Luka and Dinwiddie as the only playmakers on the team is not a recipe for success.

Maybe he's a last resort type of move, but I feel like we're kind of in a last resort situation already. We have almost nothing in the way of trade assets.

Edit: I could be wrong, but I really don't think the Mavs are pursuing him just because he's Luka's buddy. I don't think they just want another cheerleader to replace Boban. I think they believe that Dragic has some real basketball left in him.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-28-2022 at 05:37 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote