View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #17
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
The kid has amazing talent and he already makes his team better. He may not have the scoring and dominance of someone like Lebron, but he really is on the same path as Magic Johnson .... if you take out his dad.
A legitimate argument can be made that Magic Johnson was the greatest basketball player ever, and played all five positions, so no, Ball is not on at all on the same path as Magic. It is this type of hyperbole that will only hinder his progress....people are setting expectations he cannot possibly match.

I don't see him even being on the same path as Jason Kidd...he doesn't rebound like Kidd did.

Currently, I'd put him on the same path as Ricky Rubio. Which looked great at that same point...but fizzled once he came into the league. Another comparison might be Rajon Rondo, although I think Ball is a better shooter than that (because it's hard not to be).

Last edited by BigDog63; 04-25-2017 at 10:58 AM.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote