View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #64
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Here's the full breakdown off Roddy's 4th quarter+OT defensive possessions based off Synergy (which isn't always perfect assigning out defensive possessions, but it'll have to do here):

Neal > P&R > Turnover
Neal > Iso > Miss 2
Neal > Spot-Up > Make 3 (this was the one he drifted off just a bit)
Neal > Spot-Up > Make 2
Neal > P&R > Make 3 (this was the screen Roddy went under)
Neal > P&R > Miss 2
Neal > P&R > Miss 2 (Roddy block! Well he got credit, may have been Dirk from behind)
Neal > Off-screen > Miss 2
Green > Iso > Make 2
Neal > P&R > Turnover
Neal > Hand-Off > Make 2 And 1 - (This is an example of Synergy questionably assigning a defensive possession. Here Roddy gets screened, switches players with Marion so that Marion is guarding Neal as he's driving to the basket, and Neal gets the layup as Marion swipes him over the head with 19 seconds remaining.)

So if we toss the last one, that's 10 possessions, 10 points allowed in the 4th quarter+OT. I thought he was fine defensively out there, and I absolutely love him for his defense on that possession of the fourth quarter where he was credited for the block on Neal. Although did Dirk maybe get a piece of that from behind? I've looked at that replay about 10 times now and still can't tell to be honest.
Yeah somehow Roddy defends the P&R beautifully (3 Points out of 5 Poss with 2 TOs today, think he's Top20 league-wide, confirm?) but sucks at Spot-Ups. Kind of puzzled why, but it is what it is.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote