View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:22 AM   #150
Monstergame

Monstergame will become famous soon enough

Telephone-interview with German journalists, unfortunately, not translated.

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...interview.html

Briefly:
music as preparation? How was the preparation for the series?
- Yes, especially hard rock, Metallica, Stones, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC.
- We had time to relax and to practice. On monday we started practicing at Miami.

Do you often practice your One-Legged-Fadeaway-Shot?
- Not really. It's not the only shot I have to practice.

Why do we see that shot so often in games, then?
- The opponents defend me quite hard and so it was logical because that shot allows me to create enough space. I can execute quite quickly and I have a good touch. If the balance is okay the prospects will be good for a successful shot.
- Holger Geschwindner (his mentor) doesn't like this shot... he thinks I try the fadeaway too often.

LeBron James is excited to meet you in the series and to defend you. What kind of experiences do you have with him?
- He didn't defend me too often in the past. But I believe they will go small sometimes and it will happen: Lebron on the power forward position. He is a good defender, athletic and quick. The whole team has to react, then.

What do you think about him as a person and a player?
- I met him during the All-Star-Games a few times. Nice guy. One of the best players, without any weaknesses. He is able to post up, to shoot as small forward and he is an excellent passer. The whole team has to limit his space and to move to the ballside.

Are you surprised to be in the finals without a second superstar?
- The key of our success is to play our best basketball when it matters most. Game 4 in Portland was crucial because after the loss we developped our playoff -mentality.

2006 in mind - why will you be sucessful this time?
- In 2006 we were younger and we made the mistake not to push until the end. Now we have a lot of experience. Chandler and Haywood have to make an excellent work, as usual. Offensively, we have excellent weapons all over the floor.

Are you blocked mentally? After a possible loss you will probably be the imperfect/incomplete/unfinished player...
- I don't care about that. I want to be a part of the best team. I want the ring and I'll do everything to make this happen.

( I'm not a translator, sorry, but I think you will get the right impression of it)

Last edited by Monstergame; 05-31-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Monstergame is offline   Reply With Quote