View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 12:00 AM   #66
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Mavs vs. Jazz Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: JLEEHASMUCHGAME
Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
I guess Terry get's the idea that if he doesn't start stepping up he's gonna lose his spot on the starting team. He sure has tonight. Lets hope it continues ;D
I hope this is not the idea of the DA pickup, and I don't think it is. Terry has been purely professional so far for the mavs. The coaches should understand that he will have his difficulties being that coming off the bench is perhaps still unfamilar for him, and also, he is on a new team, trying to learn the nuances of fourteen new faces. Not exactly the ideal situation for Terry. I do think that DA was brought in to allow the mavs to bring devin along slower, and perhaps, light a little fire under harris if anything.
I somewhat agree with Ninkobei. I think the DA acquisition was to not only turn up Terry's game but in case if Terry doesn't get that message they have insurance in DA. Terry's gonna get his role sooner or later. I don't know any of his coaches off the top of my head but I know for a fact he's never ran an offense like the one Nellie has. This offense is going to take some time to learn and it doesn't help that he and others have been injured. It will come in due time.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote