View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #49
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
I wish that racist would stop saying that this is about race.

Then again, perhaps the racist attitude is from those who hate the "Blue"

Personally, I'm tired of hearing the race card...it's not the cause of all evil, but those that fuel the fire are doing a ton of damage to racial harmony and it is rather offensive!!!
id bet ive been around the most cops of anyone that posts here unless theres another cop that posts here(actually the 5-0 fan in my name was my attempt at a nickname for the big 3 and antwins and not anything about being a cop but since i grew up and became one it works out)
The sad fact is race does play a factor. Im not saying it does here but before i started working for the SO here i thought that most cops/racism correlations were bs. They arent. Theres a balancing act that goes on, you have to stay safe but you cant abuse your privileges either. Weve had 2 instances of people being fired over just that(one turned off his dash cam during an altercation, the other got drunk and pulled a shot gun on someone while showing his badge when he was off duty) Also as much as it shouldnt be this way, there is a natural flood of adrenaline in any tense situation so you have to balance that with your brain and keep yourself from doing something stupid. Ala pulling a gun on an unarmed civilian that has made no threat and broken no law.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote