View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 10:58 AM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Nellie on Barkley

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
Does anyone else think this Barkley thing is personal and not about basketball?

Did something go down with Nellie and Barkley at some point? Was it Dirk's dunk on Barkley? Is it because the MAvs best player -- Dirk -- is 7 feet tall and not a post player so he is "soft", plus Dirk is white and from Germany. Is it because Cuban is a rich billionaire and supposedly "buying" a championshiP? It is strange because Barkley and Fin are kind of friends... he is alwways kind of sticking up for Fin but then bags on the Mavs.

It is weird because Barkley won't say anything good about anyone but Fin on the Mavs. He absolutely raves about Manu Ginobli and never says one good thing about Steve Nash and rarely says anything about Dirk.

I don't know, the whole thing is really perplexing. Barkley is just nuts though... so who knows.

No it's not because Dirk si white and from Germany. Maybe it has something to do with Dirk not going to Auburn. I'm not to up to par with the whole situation between Dirk and Barkely but Barkely did offer to pay for Dirk's time at Auburn. I think the whole thing with Dirk is that he isn't the traditional power foward. His game isn't like Duncan or Garnett's. In Chucks eyes he believes he is no better then Kukoc but to be honest he has given Kukoc more props in the past then Dirk. With Barkely and Fin it is more of a personal situation. Barkley's mom is good friends with Fin's mom. I admit I somewhat support Barkley but alot of his ragging on the Mavs is not called for. Every game that is on TNT the guy praises the opposing team in the pregame but if the Mavs are ahead at halftime he still expects the opposing team to win the game like the Spurs game. Then when the Mavs win he has no comment in the post game. We are just going to have to deal with it because he is never going to change. I just don't get how he can dislike the Mavs but love Finley.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote