View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 11:18 AM   #16
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Nellie on Barkley

Quote:
No it's not because Dirk si white and from Germany. Maybe it has something to do with Dirk not going to Auburn. I'm not to up to par with the whole situation between Dirk and Barkely but Barkely did offer to pay for Dirk's time at Auburn. I think the whole thing with Dirk is that he isn't the traditional power foward. His game isn't like Duncan or Garnett's. In Chucks eyes he believes he is no better then Kukoc but to be honest he has given Kukoc more props in the past then Dirk. With Barkely and Fin it is more of a personal situation. Barkley's mom is good friends with Fin's mom. I admit I somewhat support Barkley but alot of his ragging on the Mavs is not called for. Every game that is on TNT the guy praises the opposing team in the pregame but if the Mavs are ahead at halftime he still expects the opposing team to win the game like the Spurs game. Then when the Mavs win he has no comment in the post game. We are just going to have to deal with it because he is never going to change. I just don't get how he can dislike the Mavs but love Finley.
Barkley does say semi good things about Dirk but he kind of under sells Dirk in my opinion.

Here is an example... remember that game where Dirk got 46 points, game 1 of the Portland series. After the game Barkley said, "he is a baaad boy". Now.. imo this was Barkley under valuing Dirk. He specifically used the word "boy" imo. And in general when ever he compliments Dirk it is like pulling teeth. I remember one time he commented on how he liked that Dirk came up big in both game 7s in the playoffs last season... but I swear.. he could barely get the words out. It was almost like he was embarrassed to say it. The thing is though.. I notice all this stuff a lot because I don't live in Dallas and tape all the nationally televised games and watch them quite a bit. So I notice every tiny little snide remark.

You know... i am not realy convinced that it is a racial thing... but honestly I wish someone would call him out on it as a racial thing because it might actually be the only way to force him to shut up about the Mavs. lol

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote