View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 12:13 PM   #34
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Nellie on Barkley

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Barkley is a complete and utter moron who constantly spouts foolish statements which are almost entirely out of the factualy context of the games that he is supposedly being paid to research, watch, and then analyze.
I don't think that's what he gets paid for. I would argue that he's paid to entertain, while pissing some people off in the process. He seems to be doing a good job. I've read a couple of places that sometimes the TNT post game show actually draws a higher rating than the game.

It’s not just the Mavs either. The message boards of all the major contenders have had F’ Barkley threads at one time or another over the past year.

I'm suprised by this. I would've assumed we were the only ones who were upset with him. You can't tell me the Spurs fans are upset with him. He still calls them the best team in basketball and hypes up Gino. Laker's fans might be. I would call them the team to beat regardless if Spurs won the championship last season.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote