View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #14
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I like this for Boston...

The C’s, who now have 13 players on their roster, can add two more. One is expected to be a big man, with veteran 7-footer Dikembe Mutombo, 41,a possibility...

While Boston entering luxury tax territory is not good news for team accountants, it may make ownership more willing to spend a considerable amount to acquire free agents such as Brevin Knight and Dikembe Mutombo.

-----------------------------------------

If they get Knight and Mutombo, now go for a title. I like the Eddie House move also. Miami with Pat Riley bought a nba title. They grabbed Shaq, Mourning, Posey, Williams and slapped a team together and Payton and beat us. This was a one year thing. I agree Wade is the one that destroyed us and it is hard to buy a one year team and say ok, now you go win a title. The Fl Marlins did this in baseball and it is hard to do but Boston can possibly do this now.

I think they will contend for several years now and not be a one shot wonder as Miami was. It all hinged around Shaq and Mourning and then Wade. Shaq and Mourning are slowing down and Wade was hurt alot. Haslem was big for them also. Boston with all these great vets are younger than Shaq and Mourning and if they stay healthy or 75% of them, they can compete for a title the next 3 to 5 years or so.

I like what they have done. If they lose now, it is not Danny Ainge's fault. Now the coach and coaching staff must produce.

You talking about some battles, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Orlando, and even New Jersey with Magloire. Miami is a mystery but i feel they have fallen back and a year older. The Bucks have a talented team and they did screw up getting Yi as he doesn't want to play there. They need to package him up and ship him to Phx, Lakers, or Golden State as all these teams want him bad and pick them up another good player they need.

Boston fans can be happy now because they have a shot now.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote